Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Scrapaneers | All Star Digital Scrapbooking Techniques 1

My first class at Scrapaneers has been amazing! I'm loving all the new techniques I learned. I have been digiscrapping for almost 8 years but I haven't many tried different things - yeah, shame on me. Photoshop is so rich and I admit I didn't explore it much. So Scrapaneers classes are helping me to find new things I can use in my scrapbooking and also in my designs.



I started by All Star Digital Scrapbooking Techniques 1 that includes 7 modules with 7 amazing digital scrappers. It's a self paced class so I am taking in my way, but I got so excited that I have almost watched all the modules already.

For Module 1 I created the page I shared last post.


Module 1: In How to Produce Eye-Catching Gradient Page BackgroundsAmy Kingsford shares how she creates three dynamic page backgrounds (subtle, photo and ombre) using gradients. She’ll also explore the five gradient types and share benefits to using them.

I love using patterned paper and also journaling, so I always had to find a journal card or any other element that makes my journaling readable. So this technique was the perfect fit to me! PERFECT!


For Module 4 I created this page.


Module 4: Melanie Ritchie shares Template Redesign for Stamped, Rubbed, and Blended Looks. Follow along closely as Melanie transforms a linear template into an artistic patchwork of brushwork using a combination of clipping masks, layer masks, gradient fills and distressing brushes.

I think brushes are super cool, but I couldn't use them like this before and transforming a template was something WOW. I feel so proud of the brush work on this page. Masking with patterned paper is so interesting and I will certainly use it more times. And then I used the technique from Module 1 again for my journaling.

No comments:

Post a Comment